Botetourt sustains a large educated workforce and steady residential demand providing a valuable talent pipeline for growing local enterprise. With more than twenty nearby colleges, universities, and continuing education institutions, the local community benefits from continuous workforce training and in-demand skill enhancements from thought leaders across industries and academia.
- – 3% of County workers are specialized in education, health and social services
- – 13% work in manufacturing (>3% union presence)
- – Over 89% of County residents have high school education or higher
- – 23% have Bachelors degree or higher
The current labor market is made up of 350,000 trained workers who enjoy the quality of life available in Botetourt County.
- – Low divorce rate of 7.9%
- – High home ownership rate of 87%
- – 5% of county residents are U.S. veterans
- – Cost of living averages 5-6% lower than the national average
Botetourt County also participates in The Advancement Foundation’s Virginia Individual Development Accounts (VIDA) program to assist first time home buyers and for startup businesses. More information can be found here
Contact us to learn more or schedule a site visit.