Internet access is available at all four Botetourt County library locations.
The internet is available at no charge but printed pages from the internet are priced at the rate of 10 cents per page. Patrons may use the internet for up to thirty minutes at a time and longer if no one is waiting.
Note: Some of the following resources (*) require usernames and passwords. Contact library staff for assistance.
Search for materials (includes books, periodicals, recordings, films);
also: request titles(*) from area libraries; renew materials(*)
- the RVL Catalog
Online Reference Services
The online reference service called Literati includes a host of resources, such as educational content for K-12 students and adults, informational videos and tutorials, and interactive discovery tools. Literati Public has been specifically customized for Virginia Libraries.
eBooks, Magazines, and Newspapers
Electronic books; also: search and browse reference resources including encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, thesauri and more.
- online eBooks: eBooks that must be read on your computer. Library card number required for access. Enter the 13-digit number on the back of your card with no spaces.
- downloadable eBooks and AudioBooks: Fiction and non-fiction books of all types that may be downloaded to a PC, Mac and e-reader devices. A valid library card is required for checkout.
Search for articles and email or print articles found in full-text magazines, newspapers, television and radio transcripts, health information databases, business and company resources, and literary criticism.
- Magazines & Newspapers Online: Find It Virginia (*)
- Zinio – allows full access to popular magazine titles on a computer, tablet or phone
Users will need to create an account and will need their library card number as part of the process.
- Cypress Resume is an online service to help create resumes and cover letters.
- Global Road Warrior – information and maps about countries of the world (requires library card number to log in.)