|William P. Arney
1 West Main Street
Located in the basement of the Circuit Courthouse
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (540) 928-2030
- PAYMENT METHODS
- Delinquent Tax Sale
- Dog Licenses
- Vehicle Decals
- Local Tax Rates
- Manufacturing Machinery & Tools
- Personal Property & Personal Property Tax Relief
- Real Estate
- SEARCH, VIEW & PAY
- State Taxes
- Online Search, View and Pay feature now available;
Across-counter credit cards now accepted.
- Effective January 1, 2008, vehicle decals are no longer required for Botetourt County vehicles. Instead, a Vehicle Registration and License Fee will be added to the annual Personal Property bill.
- 3 Year Dog Tag now available.
- Free eCheck service offers online tax payments.
Mission of the Treasurer
The Botetourt County Treasurer, one of five Constitutional officers in the County, is responsible for receiving all funds coming into the county government, properly accounting for county funds, and distributing payment of all county financial obligations authorized and approved by the Board of Supervisors. Everyone who deals with our office should end each encounter feeling warmly greeted and fairly treated by an honest, professional individual who has competently fulfilled all of the customer’s needs in a timely manner.
Bill Arney, Treasurer
- FORMS: Federal State
- Commonwealth of Virginia (includes links to business resources)
- Treasurer’s Association of Virginia
- Virginia Department of Business Assistance
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Virginia State Taxes