e-Check Features and Instructions
- You may pay both real estate or personal property taxes by way of an electronic virtual check through our secure web server.
- No service charge or convenience fee from the County or your financial institution.
- You select the amount to pay, whether you pay the account in full or an amount that accommodates your budget. If a balance remains, it is your responsibility to pay the remaining balance. If complete payment is not made with good funds by the penalty or interest dates, those charges will be added.
- Funds are automatically deducted from the checking account you specify and are forwarded to us through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system.
- Funds will be withdrawn from your financial institution and forwarded to us within 2 business days, or less, after the date of your authorization.
- Simply provide this information from your account: your account number; and also the bank routing number, which is the 9-digit number located in the lower left corner of personal checks.
- Payment will be considered “on time” if your authorization for payment is submitted prior to midnight of the due date.
- It is very important that you provide a daytime telephone number.
- From your bill(s), you will need your RPC # to pay real estate taxes and the account number to pay personal property taxes. These reference numbers are in two locations on your bills.
- Funds first will be applied to any outstanding prior balances.
- If you have questions about this payment method that are not addressed here, or difficulty in using the system, please contact us or call (540) 928-2030.
- A $25 returned check fee will be added to your tax account if there are not sufficient funds in the account you specify to cover each tax payment you authorized.
CLICK HERE TO PAY BY VIRTUAL CHECK: