30 West Back Street
|Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (540) 928-2090
Fax: (540) 473-8360
The Botetourt County Department of General Services contains the operations of four divisions: Maintenance, Engineering, and Solid Waste. Descriptions of services provided by the divisions are listed below. The Department also handles all inquiries regarding accounts, billing, and fees.
- For waste hauler and recycling information, see the Solid Waste Management page.
- For residential utilities forms, rate and fee information and service providers, see the Utilities page.
- For information concerning commercial and industrial construction refer to this list of Electric and Gas Utility Contacts. See also the commercial development utilities page.
- For Botetourt County Water and Sewer Construction Standards and Specifications, see the Engineering Standards and Specifications page.
- For information regarding Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Management, see the Environmental Management page.
- For ordinances, see the Botetourt County Municipal Code.
- Issues regarding maintenance of state roads are handled by VDOT: (800) 367-7623
The Maintenance Division handles all maintenance and custodial services for the County administrative offices, Court buildings, Social Services, Libraries, Community Buildings, Education Training Center, Sheriff’s facilities and Commonwealth Attorney’s office. They also handle the grounds maintenance around government facilities in Fincastle.
5 West Main St., Suite 202, Fincastle, VA 24090
located on the 2nd floor of the Old District Court Building
The Engineering Division reviews and approves water and sewer plans for commercial and housing developments to ensure they meet the standards adopted for construction within the County. The division participates in the final inspection following construction of water/sewer lines and reviews testing material, drawings and easement information prior to the County taking ownership.
The Division also reviews and approves erosion and sediment construction plans and issues all land-disturbing permits. It inspects during construction to ensure plans are followed, and follows up on complaints involving erosion and sediment problems. Land disturbing forms are available for download.
Botetourt County operates a Citizen Convenience Center for the collection and conveyance of solid waste generated within the County. It is located off of Catawba Road (Route 779) approximately 7 miles from Roanoke Road (Route 220). The County provides numerous recycling collection centers to the public. Private collection companies provide residential and commercial trash collection services within the County. Information for trash collection and the location of recycling centers is available on the Solid Waste page.
Information regarding rates, fees, forms and service providers is available on the Utilities page.