Development Services Manager
5 West Main Street
Fincastle, VA 24090
|Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (540) 928-2070
Fax: (540) 473-2018
Stormwater is any type of precipitation that runs over the ground and drains into a gutter, ditch, storm drain, river, pond or lake. When stormwater runs across the ground it picks up pollutions such as grass clippings, fertilizer, litter, cigarette butts, motor oil from leaking cars, and brake dust. Polluted stormwater negatively affects our water quality and can lead to both economic and health problems because it is released into our waterways without being treated.
In fulfillment of the Clean Water Act and state stormwater regulations, Botetourt County is working to increase public knowledge of stormwater pollution and its effect on water quality. This is implemented through public education and outreach, public involvement and participation, illicit discharge detection and elimination, construction site control, post-construction management and development and pollution prevention/good housekeeping.
- Botetourt County Stormwater Management Ordinance rev. 7/14
- Botetourt County VSMP Policies and Procedures rev. 7/14
- 2014 General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities rev. 8/14
- Single-Family Detached Residential Structure Coverage Letter rev. 8/14
- New Single-Family Dwelling Flowchart rev. 9/14
- CGP Notice of Termination rev. 7/14
- CGP Registration Statement rev. 7/14
- CGP Transfer Agreement rev. 7/14
- SWPPP Template for Single Family Residence in a Common Plan of Development or Sale rev. 7/14
- Agreement In Lieu of a Stormwater Management Plan rev. 7/14
- Request for Waiver, Modification, or Field Change rev. 3/15
- To report an E&S violation or to register a drainage complaint, email firstname.lastname@example.org.