Botetourt sustains a large educated workforce and steady residential demand providing a valuable talent pipeline for growing local enterprise. With more than twenty nearby colleges, universities, and continuing education institutions, the local community benefits from continuous workforce training and in-demand skill enhancements from thought leaders across industries and academia.
- – 3% of County workers are specialized in education, health and social services
- – 13% work in manufacturing (>3% union presence)
- – Over 89% of County residents have high school education or higher
- – 23% have Bachelors degree or higher
The current labor market is made up of 350,000 trained workers who enjoy the quality of life available in Botetourt County.
- – Low divorce rate of 7.9%
- – High home ownership rate of 87%
- – 5% of county residents are U.S. veterans
- – Cost of living averages 5-6% lower than the national average
Contact us to learn more or schedule a site visit.