Voters wishing to become a candidate should visit Virginia Department of Elections website for appropriate candidate bulletins, forms and deadlines.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, voters are encouraged to vote absentee in the June 23, 2020 Republican Party Primary. Use reason code “2A – my disability or illness” and list “COVID-19” as your supporting information.
- Begins a minimum of 45 days prior to all elections
- Voters who meet the criteria (see list of reasons on page 2 of application below) are eligible to vote absentee
- Applications can be submitted up to one-year prior to any election
- Mailed ballots must be received in Dept of Elections no later than 7 pm on election day
- Only voter who was issued the absentee ballot may hand-deliver marked ballot to Department of Elections
- In-person Absentee Voting at Dept of Elections & Voter Registration, 2 East Main Street, Fincastle during regular office hours
- In-person Absentee Voting two Saturdays prior to General Elections and one Saturday prior to Primary Elections
- Deadline for in-person absentee voting is close of business Saturday prior to any election
- Deadline for mailed absentee applications is close of business Tuesday prior to any election
- Voters are encouraged to request mailed ballots as early as possible to allow ample time for processing and mailing through USPS. Normal mailing time is 3 to 7 days.
- Applications can be submitted online at www.elections.virginia.gov or via mail/email/fax using this form Absentee Ballot Application Form
- Military and overseas voters are eligible to have ballot emailed (complete FPCA form https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca2013.pdf)