Director of Community Development
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
|57 S. Center Drive
Daleville, VA 24083
Phone: (540) 928-2080
Fax: (540) 473-2018
Our office is available via email at email@example.com! This includes:
- Comprehensive Planning
- Subdivision of land and plat approvals
- Zoning and other short-range planning functions
- Floodplain Development
- Business and Home Occupation Zoning Compliance
- Zoning Complaints
- Effective June 1, all plans are required to be submitted digitally. Other than final plats requiring signatures for recordation at the Office of the Clerk of Circuit Court, paper submittals larger than 11X17 will not be accepted after this date. Applications made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org will receive priority processing.
This Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for all short and long-range planning functions affecting the growth and development of Botetourt County. It provides citizens with information related to land use issues, zoning, FEMA floodplain determinations, Home Occupation Permits, Manufactured Home (HUD) Permits, plat approvals, rezoning, site plan review, subdivision approvals, sign permits and variances, and performs review, inspection and enforcement duties.
The Botetourt County Planning Commission is composed of five members who are appointed by the Board of Supervisors to represent their respective magisterial districts. The Commission makes recommendations on rezoning, text amendments, and special exception permit applications. The Board of Supervisors then makes the final decision regarding the Commission’s recommendations.
For more information, including meeting agendas and minutes, please visit the Planning Commission’s website.
Applications and Permits
- Site Plan Development Application
- Home Occupation Permit
- Short Term Rental Permit
- Rezoning/SEP/Text Amendment and Change in Proffers/Conditions
- Zoning Text Comp Plan Amendment
- Pre-Application Conference Request Form
- Temporary Use Permit Application
- Request for Waiver
Subdivision of Land
All land divisions in Botetourt County are governed by the County Subdivision Ordinance (Chapter 21). A subdivision is defined as a division of any tract, parcel or lot of land, into two (2) or more parts, at one (1) time for any extended period of time, for the purpose of transfer of ownership or building development.
Municipal Code – See Chapters 25 (Zoning) and 21 (Subdivisions)
- Subdivision and/or Boundary Line Adjustment Form
- Request for Subdivision Exception
- Request to Vacate
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) is a five (5) member board appointed by the Circuit Court, which generally approves or denies zoning ordinance variance requests and hears appeals to the zoning administrators’ decisions. The BZA’s decision is final and appealable only to the Circuit Court.
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) normally meets at 9:00 AM on the second Tuesday of each month in the Botetourt County Administration Center, 57 S. Center Drive, Daleville, VA. For more information, contact the Division of Planning and Zoning.
For more information, including meeting agendas and minutes, please visit the Board of Zoning Appeals website.